April 05, 2016
When we think of cybercrime, we often think of strangers who we will never meet online, identity theft and financial fraud. What we may not typically consider is that survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking, elder abuse and other violent crimes may also be vulnerable to stolen personal information used to conduct cybercrime.
March 09, 2016
On Feb. 9, 2016, President Obama announced the implementation of the Cybersecurity National Action Plan (CNAP). This plan specifically called for a new national cybersecurity awareness plan that will build off the STOP. THINK. CONNECT. campaign.
March 02, 2016
The Internet offers countless benefits and opportunities for kids, including learning, playing games, interacting with friends and family and expressing themselves. It’s important, however, for kids to understand the potential risks that come with technology use, such as privacy concerns, identity theft, cyberbullying, phishing scams and other threats. Parents, educators and community members can all take action to secure today’s online kids. Join this #ChatSTC to learn how you can start the online safety conversation with kids and help promote #CyberAware young digital citizens.
February 09, 2016
Safer Internet Day, hosted by ConnectSafely.org in the United States, promotes the efforts of Internet users of all ages, interests and backgrounds to make the Internet a better place – and the world a better place with the help of the Internet. In this #ChatSTC Twitter chat, we discussed our everyday technology use, the benefits and potential risks associated with the Internet and how we can participate in Safer Internet Day.
January 27, 2016
Jan. 28 marks Data Privacy Day, an international effort to promote awareness about respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust. This #ChatSTC can help you get ready for the day, get tips for protecting personal information and owning your online presence and learn how you can take action in support of the privacy awareness effort.
- STOP. THINK. CONNECT. International Online Safety Awareness Campaign Enters New Era With Focus on Young Adults and Student ICT Users
- Netpathie of Switzerland Joins the Global STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign
- National Computer Emergency Response Team of Kazakhstan Joins STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign
- STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign Launches in Ireland in Coordination with National Awareness Lab
- Argentina Launches PARA. PIENSA. CONÉCTATE. Campaign at Tierra del Fuego Kick-Off Event
- Choosing your Cybersecurity Career Path
- Help! My IT Employee Went Rogue
- Child Identity Theft
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: May the Cyber Force Be With You
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Now Matters – How Are You Fighting Cyber Threats?