January 10, 2018
Did you know that Jan. 28 is Data Privacy Day? This day reminds us of the importance of privacy and protecting personal information. Data about yourself and your friends and family is continuously being collected and shared, which could affect your life in many ways. Data about you can be used in a variety of ways, sometimes in ways you wouldn’t expect or even approve. That’s why it is important to understand the value of your personal information and how to manage it when possible. This Twitter chat discussed why privacy is important and what you can do to protect your personal information.
January 08, 2018
It's important to understand that connected devices rely on information about us – such as our behaviors and preferences – forming an “Internet of Me” rather than just an Internet of Things.
December 21, 2017
Guest authors from the HIMSS Privacy and Security Committee review different types of health technologies, weigh the benefits and risks and discuss how one's safety and privacy can be affected by exploited vulnerabilities in these technologies.
December 14, 2017
This #ChatSTC Twitter chat shared how you can protect yourself and your information and make online safety part of the conversation.
November 09, 2017
We are all aware of the recent headlines about major data breaches of personal information and similar cyber incidents. But of all the data that is at risk, a breach of our health information is probably the most concerning.
- Choosing your Cybersecurity Career Path
- Help! My IT Employee Went Rogue
- Child Identity Theft
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: May the Cyber Force Be With You
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Now Matters – How Are You Fighting Cyber Threats?
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Protect Your Identity With a Digital Spring Cleaning
- Data Privacy Is Crucial for the LGBT Community
- Laugh and Learn: A More Private Tomorrow, Tomorrow
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Promote a Better Internet This Safer Internet Day
- Sharing While Caring – Protecting Your Digital Self