March 24, 2017
Safeguarding against a data breach – and preparing for one – is something small business owners really need to have on their radar. The good news is that there are some effective, if not infallible, defenses small business owners can easily – and inexpensively – implement.
March 16, 2017
Tax Day is only a month away, and the filing deadline will be here before you know it. With tax identity theft on the rise, this busy online timeframe is prime for cyber thieves and their devious online scams. This #ChatSTC Twitter chat discussed how you can better spot cyber tricks this tax season, the steps you can take to proactively protect your information and what to do if you fall victim to tax identity theft.
February 14, 2017
You probably know what your kids should be doing to be safe online, but do you know how to talk to them about their online lives in a way that resonates? Join @RSAConference and @STOPTHNKCONNECT live from RSA® Conference to discuss best practices for teaching kids about online safety, security and privacy in an always-connected world. Share stories about what has worked for you and get tips on how you can have effective conversations that move beyond just cyber rules to real-life online experiences, build trust and teach kids to think critically about their behaviors and how they can be safe, secure and ethical digital citizens.
February 06, 2017
Feb. 7 is Safer Internet Day, an international education and awareness-raising effort spanning more than 100 countries and led in the United States by ConnectSafely.org. Join @STOPTHNKCONNECT to discuss this initiative to make the internet and the world a better place. We’ll talk about the Day, what it means and how you can get involved in uniting for a better, kinder internet. Use #ChatSTC to join!
January 25, 2017
Consumers are paying closer attention to the value of their personal information and how to manage their privacy. To build trust, businesses must address customers’ preferences, needs and concerns about privacy by being transparent about their collection, use and protection of consumer data and providing easy-to-use privacy and security tools. This #ChatSTC Twitter chat will help you understand how privacy is good for business and the steps your organization can take to respect privacy, safeguard data and enable trust.
- STOP. THINK. CONNECT. International Online Safety Awareness Campaign Enters New Era With Focus on Young Adults and Student ICT Users
- Netpathie of Switzerland Joins the Global STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign
- National Computer Emergency Response Team of Kazakhstan Joins STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign
- STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign Launches in Ireland in Coordination with National Awareness Lab
- Argentina Launches PARA. PIENSA. CONÉCTATE. Campaign at Tierra del Fuego Kick-Off Event
- Choosing your Cybersecurity Career Path
- Help! My IT Employee Went Rogue
- Child Identity Theft
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: May the Cyber Force Be With You
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Now Matters – How Are You Fighting Cyber Threats?